IMPORANT INFORMATION. PLEASE READ.
Uninstall the current v18.104.22.168 production release or the prior v1.9.3.x alpha or beta release before installing the latest beta release.
If not, you may end up with two versions installed in the Add/Remove Programs dialog that will conflict.This is a beta release.
With this release, the Visual Studio package now matches the standalone GUI with regard to features and functionality. Projects can now be managed completely from within Visual Studio without having to open a copy of the project in the standalone GUI.SHFB Version Number:
The core build engine and standalone GUI have received minor changes to make them compatible with the Visual Studio extension package. Until it is out of beta, the version number of the core build engine will be kept at the current production release version number (currently v22.214.171.124) so that third-party plug-ins and build components will continue to work with it unchanged. The new SHFB Project Launcher tool (SHFBProjectLauncher.exe) along with the most recent version release notes in the help file can be used to determine the current beta release version number.
For more information about the extension package, see the Visual Studio 2010 Package
help file topic.
This release supports the Sandcastle June 2010 Release (v2.6.10621.1). It includes full support for generating, installing, and removing MS Help Viewer files. This new release is compiled under .NET 4.0, supports Visual Studio 2010 solutions and projects as documentation sources, and adds support for projects targeting the Silverlight Framework and the .NET Portable Framework.
This release uses the Sandcastle Guided Installation package used by Sandcastle Styles. Download and extract to a folder and then run SandcastleInstaller.exe
to run the guided installation of Sandcastle, the various extra items, the Sandcastle Help File Builder core components, and the Visual Studio 2010 extension package.What's Included
- Help 1 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Help 2 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Sandcastle June 2010 2.6.10621.1
- Sandcastle styles patch revision 1 for the June 2010 release of Sandcastle
- Language pack for the June 2010 release of Sandcastle
- Sandcastle MAML Guide v126.96.36.199
- Web Project Custom Code Providers v188.8.131.52
- HTML to MAML Converter v184.108.40.206
- An option to install the MAML schemas in Visual Studio to provide IntelliSense for MAML topics
- Sandcastle Help File Builder 220.127.116.11
- SHFB Visual Studio 2010 Extension Package
See the Sandcastle Styles
project site for the source and project files related to its items.