Creating Table of Contents

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Hi Support

I want to create the table of contents as like as the  msdn lightweight model if it is possible using the SFHB means how to create it.Or any other tools is avaliable for that.

Ex : MSDN lightweight page link are

Advance Thanks

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:25 PM

It isn't the lightweight model but you can get member naming of the API topic pages by changing the NamingMethod project property to MemberName.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:59 AM

I have generated the Online help files using the NamingMethod project property as Guid and MemberName.I can't able to find any difference in my help files.Please can you explain the what is the use of Guid and Memebername and HasedMembername.

How do i created the TOC in different format like as the lightweight in the MSDN.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2010 at 7:23 PM

The naming method just changes the names of the topic files to match their names rather than using a GUID.  It won't change the layout of the TOC.  Sandcastle does not support the lightweight format.  You'd have to write a plug-in for SHFB if you want to alter how the TOC is arranged.  If you're looking to replace the web front-end, that is part of SHFB and you'll find the related files in the .\Web folder under the SHFB installation folder.  Altering or replacing those will alter the look and feel of the web site output.