Prohibit Parameters from Displaying in Method Titles

Topics: User Forum
Dec 17, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Hi (and sorry for this newby question).

When I build the help file, each parameter of any method (or function) is included as part of  both the method title and in the list of methods and members for each class.  How do I stop this from occuring so only the method name is displayed?

Kindest Regards

Dave Ballantyne

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:12 PM

The format of the titles is controlled by the Sandcastle transformations.  Changing their format would require modifying the Sandcastle presentation style XSL transformations which is beyond the scope of SHFB.  You can find the transformations in a folder named after the selected presentation style in the C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation folder.  However, removing the parameters would cause all overloaded methods to look the same which would make it difficult for your users to distinguish between them and find the exact method they were looking for.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Thanks Eric;

My issue was with the Hana and Prototype styles, which create paramter arguments for each method as opposed to creating a separate "Overloads" list.  Switched to VS2005 and everything is now great.

Kindest Regards