How to avoid creation of topic pages for members while having list of members in class description?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I'm using SandCastle together with SandCastle Help File Builder

I have a lot of "decorator" classes in my namespace that have lot of very simple get/set properties. All of them together generate too big CHM file (because even most simple get/set property genereates approx 12 Kb of content, from which really usefull content is only summary that describes the property in a few words

I would like to have an ability to configure a class MyClass to be processed in the following way :

1) all class members are listed in the MyClass members page (but they are not hyperlinks to the separate topics).

2) indexes for class members refere to the same MyClass members page

3) separate pages for members are not created

I know that SandCastle Help File Builder allows to set API Filter to exclude class members from generation, but it will exclude them from the Fields table of class members page as well, but I would like to have them all on members page (to have just property name and summary is OK for me).

I will very much appreciate if you can tell me of any possible workaround (using add-ins, additional transformations etc.).

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:18 PM

In order to do what you want, you'll have to clone one of the presentation styles and modify it to suit your needs.  Making such a change is beyond the scope of SHFB.  It will however support the custom presentation style should you decide to create one.