How to Create German Documentation

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I installed the most recent versions of SandCastle and SHFB. In SHFB I selected Language=Deutsch (Deutschland). When creating an document quite at the beginning the builder process shows the following warning:

Generating shared content files (de-DE, Deutsch (Deutschland))...
SHFB: Warning BE0003: Sandcastle shared content for the 'de-DE, Deutsch (Deutschland)' language could not be found.  Using 'en-US, English (US)' defaults.

But in the HelpFileBuilder\SharedContent Folder there seem to be the files present:

What can I do get a all my document standard text generated by SandCastle in German, e.g. I'd like to see 'Beispiele' and 'Zusammenfassung' instead of Example respectively Summary.

Thanks, Rainer

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:13 PM

The message is referring to the actual Sandcastle resource files which are currently English only.  You need to translate those yourself for a help file that uses the selected language throughout each topic. See this SHFB help topic for more information:

Jun 22, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Hello Eric,

thanks for quick reply. SandCastle is out for quite a while and I had expected that language files are available, at least for some major languages.

Regards, Rainer