Using version builder plug-in without version

Topics: User Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I'm generating a combined documentation for .net45 and portable projects using the version builder plug-in.

The problem is that I have to provide version numbers for both that have to be different. The best would be to leave the version number blank or is there any other way to combine two documentation projects?

Kind regards
Michael
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM
This has been fixed for the next release which I'll probably release in a couple of weeks. The workaround in the meantime is to add something to the identical version numbers to make them unique such as adding an abbreviation of the framework to the version number.

Eric
Sep 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM
For the next release, is it also possible to leaf the version information blank? Don't want to update the version information manually all the time. Alternatively it would be great to get the version number out of the AssemblyVersion.cs

Looking forward to the next release :)

Kind regards
Michael
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM
No, version is required since it lists them after the framework label. It's not possible to pull it from the project since the documentation sources may be an assembly, a project, or a solution containing multiple projects. You could always make it less specific such as only specifying the Major and Minor values and only updating versions if you add a new project to define a new prior version.

Eric