Exclude dependency assemblies

Topics: User Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Hi!

I have a project that depends on an external assembly.
I want to build the documentation for my assembly only, and I don't want to include the external assembly documentation (I don't have it).

But when I build my SHFB project, an error occurs and says "Unresolved assembly reference" on the dependency assembly.

So, is there a way to exclude that assembly or exclude all dependencies from my documentation?

Thank you!
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Add the indicated reference assembly to the References project node or change the Documentation Source so that it uses the Visual Studio solution or project file of the assembly to document and let SHFB figure out the assembly to document and the references.

Eric
Jul 23, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Thanks!
The second solution works perfectly and is much more elegant!

I just have to browse and add project reference for my 60 projects from my solution...
Don't you plan to add a specific interface from where we can just select the projects from the solution?

Again, thank you!
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM
I hadn't considered it before but it could prompt to either add the solution or choose which specific projects from a solution to add. I'll create a work item for it.

Eric
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.