Build on teamCity

Topics: User Forum
Jul 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I try build my project on TeamCity (ant + msbuild + vs solution), but getting error:
ProjectDoc.shfbproj.metaproj warning MSB4078: The project file "ProjectDoc.shfbproj" is not supported by MSBuild and cannot be built.
Also not created chm file.

Build without error on local PC.

Solution (Visual Studio 2012)
  • Project 1 (dll)
  • Project 2 (dll) (depend on Project 1)
  • ProjectDoc.shfbproj (depend on Project 1 and Project 2)
What could be the problem?
Jul 14, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Have you installed SHFB on the build server and made sure SHFBROOT is set to point to the tool location? Without those, it won't build the project.

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Edited Jul 15, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Yes. (

There may be a problem in version? I used SHFB v1.9.8.0. On the weekend I'll try TeamCity + v2014.5.31.0
Jul 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM
You might try running it manually from the command line on the server. If it works that way, perhaps the account it's running under when automated doesn't have permission to one or more of the tools or project folders.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Hi Kav_it,
I just installed SHFB in my teamcity build server. I have only one agent and I am new to teamcity. How can add environment varaible of SHFB to teamcity where should i add that path ? You have shared the screenshot (, can you help me how to add that path to teamcity build agent. Thanks in advance.
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
In fact, this path is not needed in the settings TeamCity.
When installing SHFB the prescribed path in system variables (

Works for me.
  1. Created project SharpLib.Documentation.shfbproj which is configured generate a chm (
  2. Created a project in Visual Studio Solution that contains one SHFB project. This sln created to run from TeamCity (
  3. Configure TeamCity shown in the figure (
  4. Results:
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
how to add that path to teamcity build agent. and
TeamCity version: 8.1.5 (build 30240). admin permissions
Nov 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM
You are AWESOME !!