Help with Large build project

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 24, 2009 at 4:56 PM
Hi,   I'm new to sandcastle and building help in general.    I'm working on creating an SDK which is very large..   I tried putting everything in Sandcastle using the helpfilebuilder, but it eventually failed with an out of memory exception.  My next step is to create several small projects and I would like then pull them together as one.   I'm looking for help on the best way to make this happen.   What output type should I use?  How do I pull the various help projects into one?   Will it be able to resolve references beween the files?

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2009 at 8:06 PM
If you're building from within the GUI, try turning off the Verbose Logging option in the User Preferences.  This can help if it's just the log textbox filling up and causing the out of memory exception.  If not,  you can make use of the Additional Reference Links plug-in to resolve references to items in the other help projects.  Help 2 is probably the best bet since you can use Index for the ProjectLinkType setting and they will work as long as all of the help files are registered in the same help collection.

Eric