Error BE0065: BUILD FAILED: Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: Length

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Hi,

I am new to Sandcastle. I have installed Sandcastle for Visual Studio 2010. I am using C# code.
I added an XML file in the Documentation Sources folder. When I try to add the project file to the References folder I get the following error message:

"Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length"

When I try to build the project I get the following build error:

SHFB: Error BE0065: BUILD FAILED: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

Can someone help me where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

-Anita
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Edited Dec 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add the project you want to document to the Documentation Sources folder, not the references folder. You can remove the XML file in that case as SHFB will figure out the assembly, comments file, and references from the project. Project references are supported though I don't know why you got an error in this case. However, it shouldn't be needed.

Eric
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM
EWoodruff wrote:
Add the project you want to document to the Documentation Sources folder, not the references folder. You can remove the XML file in that case as SHFB will figure out the assembly, comments file, and references from the project. Project references are supported though I don't know why you got an error in this case. However, it shouldn't be needed.

Eric
Thanks Eric.
I added the dll file that is available in the bin folder of my Project solution to the Documentation Sources folder and the XML file was automatically added to the project.
I was then able to build the project and generate the output.

-Anita
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Someone else reported the same error with some other details and I have determined that it has been fixed for the next release due out in about a week.

Eric