Sandcastle Error on TFS 2013

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 7, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I have installed on a computer VS2013, TFS2013 and Sandcastle 1.9.5.0. I have a Solutionmap with a VB project and a Sandcastle project. When compiling in VS2013 then a documentation is created. When I build the solution with TFS Build, then comes the following error.

The imported project "C:\SandcastleHelpFileBuilder.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

The environment variables are defined correctly.

Hat anyone have an idea on what to do?

Andy
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Try running VS as administrator. That did it for me
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM
You might check to make sure that DXROOT and SHFBROOT are defined as System environment variables, not User environment variables. As System environment variables, I would think it wouldn't matter what user you run the build as.

Eric
Nov 8, 2013 at 5:18 AM
That's an easy fix, after you install SHFB just make sure you restart the Visual Studio build service on your build server. The problem I had after that was it not being able to find some project it was looking for which caused it to ignore all of the command line parameters so the build went to the wrong output folder and messed up my packaging process.

I was curious, if I were to rewrite the build process into MSBuild (using proper tasks and such so MSBuild is in charge of the build process rather than MSBuild handing it off to one task) is there a potential for it to be used?