SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Hi,

I'm encountering this error at the end of the process ... any idea why and how to solve ?
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic T:DVTel.API.AddAlarmTypeCallback
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic T:DVTel.API.AddEntityCallback
BUILDASSEMBLER : error : The target attribute is missing or has no value [[MyPath]\SDK\Ndoc\HelpFiles\Working\BuildReferenceTopics.proj]
Diagnostic: CopyFromIndexComponent: "reflection" in-memory cache entries used: 2 of 15.
Diagnostic: CopyFromIndexComponent: "comments" in-memory cache entries used: 12 of 30.

SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step. See output above for details.
TIA - Albert
Coordinator
Aug 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM
You are missing a "cref" attribute or attribute value on an element such as see, seealso, or exception. See this thread: https://shfb.codeplex.com/discussions/442383

Eric
Aug 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I have already saw this thread ...
  • I have searched throw the entire xml files looking for the "DVTel.API.AddEntityCallback" string
  • The string exist in only one xml with in the following ... can you please tell me what is wrong with it??
     <member name="T:DVTel.API.AddEntityCallback">
        <summary>
        Describes the callback of a AddEntity A-Sync call.
        </summary>
        <param name="entity">The entity that have been added.</param>
        <param name="success">The exception that occurred during the trigger a-sync call (null if operation succeeded).</param>
        <exception>In case of add failure.</exception>
    </member>

<member name="M:DVTel.API.IAdministrationAPI.AddEntity(DVTel.API.Entities.SystemObjects.IConfigurationEntity,DVTel.API.AddEntityCallback)">
        <summary>
        Add the given entity to the treeID location specified in the entity, A-Sync call.
        </summary>
        <param name="entity">The entity to be added to the system.</param>
        <param name="addCallback">The <see cref="T:DVTel.API.AddEntityCallback"/>, to be called, when trigger operation is finished.</param>
        <exception cref="T:System.ArgumentNullException">Thrown if the given <paramref name="entity"/> is null.</exception>
        <example>
        This Example shows how to create and add a ISiteEntity 
        We use Federation as the logical tree parent for the site (look at the SDK example for getting the cached federation).
        And we assume that an AddEntityCallback called NewSiteEntityAdded is declared.
        <code>
        Create a Site entity (Locally)
        ISiteEntity newSiteEntity = (ISiteEntity)DvtelSystemID.AdministrationAPI.CreateEntity(typeof(ISiteEntity));
        //Init the entity, give it a new ID and set it's Logical Tree location as the Federation
        newSiteEntity.InitializeAsNew(Guid.NewGuid(),Federation);
        //Add the new site
        DvtelSystemID.AdministrationAPI.AddEntity(newSiteEntity, new AddEntityCallback(NewSiteEntityAdded));
        </code>
        </example>
    </member>

TIA - Albert
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Like the referenced thread says: You're missing a cref attribute or attribute value on a see, seealso, or exception element:

<exception>In case of add failure.</exception>

Should be:

<exception cref="SomeExceptionTypeHere">In case of add failure.</exception>

Eric
Aug 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Thanls for the tip ... as said, I have red this more than once and failed to understand .. newbie