Trouble generating docs for enums in VS 2010 project

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Edited Aug 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Hi Eric,

I have trouble in generating docs for enums in VS 2010 project and I am using Sandcastle 1.9.7.0 and Sandcastle Compiler tool 2.7.3.0.
I tried to download the Sandcastle Styles patch to fix it, but link is not available anymore. Can You give me solution for that.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM
The patch is no longer required as the changes are in the latest release. The standard things to check:

Check to be sure that you have enabled XML comments file generation in your project. Also do a full rebuild to ensure that the comments are up to date. Also check to be sure that SHFB is building the expected configuration and platform (i.e. Debug | AnyCPU or Release | AnyCPU). The build log will tell you which XML comments files it is using. With that info you can check to see if the files really do contain the member comments.

Eric
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM
XML Comments file generation is enabled. SHFB is building the expected configuration and platform (i.e. Debug | AnyCPU or Release | AnyCPU).
But still showing an error while referencing Enum references.

BUILDASSEMBLER : error : The target attribute is missing or has no value [D:\ipf-ctp\AII\Output\Work\Doc\Working\BuildReferenceTopics.proj]

Thanks,
     Sachin
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM
That error has nothing to do with enum topics. You are missing a "cref" attribute or attribute value on an element such as see, seealso, or exception. See this thread: https://shfb.codeplex.com/discussions/442383

Eric