Linking Help2x help file at runtime

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Hi all

I am able to create Help2x help file for my class library project. But how do I link it dynamically at runtime from my client project.

Thanks

Aniruddha 

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM
If you're creating help for a client application, you're better off building a Help 1 (CHM) file.  Help 2 is geared more towards Visual Studio integration.

Eric
Jan 26, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Thank you for your response to my query. I am aware of the creating Help2x and Help1x help file format for API.
I shall eleborate more about my problem.
i.e.. I am using an TextBox control ...and when user presses F1 at runtime,it should link to a particular help topic from the CHM file. 

If in VB.Net where do we put our comment in the sourcecode about the TextBox control. or is there no way to automate this type of  help authoring 
dynamically for dialogues and commands.

Aniruddha
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Your post in the MSDN Documentation forum on this subject is being answered so I'm going to refer you back there since that's a more appropriate place to ask about help files for applications.

Eric
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:37 AM
Thanks Eric for your reply but still I am not able to get my answer..

But still again I shall explain my query: In the source code how do I add "summary"/ "remarks" tags for a control ..i.e OK button.. It's declaration is private to the form and so how do I add Help document for controls. Actullay we are looking forward to automating Help process for commads and dialogues as we are done with API help documentation with Help2x Format Help files.

Is this possible or shall we manually create CHM help files and link them at Keypress event or using HelpProvider class. I have posted the same query and had googled a lot about the same.

Thanks

Aniruddha