Problems with third-party assemblies

Topics: Developer Forum
May 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Edited May 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Ok new try.
I have problems documenting my projects which use some third-party assemblies without XML documentation.
I did all I found in the help, adding them as references, adding the wildcard assemblys references plug-in.
The files are even detected if I do not do this and are always in the MRefBuilder.rsp file when building.
My problem is that the documentation is 90% fine but 10% not, that is the TOC and the method titles. When a method has parameters of types in the third-party assemblies the TOC has no text for them like "GetSQLConnection Method (, String, String)". The first parameter should be "IEdmVault11". In the folloing text when describing the parameters all is fine, the type is written properly as a bold text without a link.
My build log has about 300 warning all like this one:
Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: [M:GetSQLConnection(EdmLib.IEdmVault11,System.String@,System.String@)] Unknown reference link target 'T:EdmLib.IEdmVault11'."

Whah am I doing wrong?

May 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Edited May 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Ok I think I found it myself.
As far as I see there is one way:
Create a dummy documentation project with the third-party assemblies as documentation sources and use the "Additional Reference Links" plug in to incluede them but with link type set to "None".

Think this should be mentioned in the documentation as the procedures written there in the FAQ do not work as intended due to the problems I described earlier...