Add Column

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Is it possible to add a new columns along the Name & Description?
Mar 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM
That requires changes to the presentation style. You'll need to be somewhat familiar with XSL to add a new column to the member topic tables.

You can clone a presentation style and give it a new name to isolate your changes so that you don't lose them when a new release of the Sandcastle Tools comes out. See the Custom Presentation Style Definition File topic and its walkthrough for more information.

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Along the same lines, is there a simple way to remove columns? I would like to remove the type icons column and keep only Name and Description. I managed to remove the header by editing utilities_reference.xsl (th), but can't remove the icon column from the body of the table (td). Is there a simpler way to do this (like a checkbox)? After a few hours of tinkering it's getting a little frustrating.
Apr 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM
As above, you need to modify the presentation style XSL transformations. It would be a matter of tracking down the right XSL template. Typically the table stuff is handled by a separate template with a "mode" parameter. Searching for a template with the matching mode from where you removed the header should help you find it. For example, if you're trying to remove it from the enumeration table, you'd look for an "element" template with a mode parameter of "enumeration".

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Thanks, Eric. I managed to track down the bits I needed to edit by searching through the 'element' templates and all is well now. No more icons column.