Documenting Portable Library looks in wrong directory

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
My project is configured to build with a documentation source that is a Portable Class Library. Whenever I try to build my documentation, SHFB look in the wrong folder for the vs2010.config transformation file. Is this a bug in Sandcastle? Is there a workaround I can do to fix it?
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
The configuration template file is the same regardless of framework as are the presentation style files so they would be in the same location for any build type. What is the actual error you are getting?

Eric
Mar 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM
The error I am getting is the following:
SHFB: Error BE0019: Unable to transform template 'VS2010.config': Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\FSharp\3.0\Runtime\.NETPortable'.
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\FSharp\3.0\Runtime\.NETPortable'.
However, when I am building documentation for a non-portable library project, the build succeeds.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
The most likely cause is that you don't have the F# stuff installed so it isn't finding it when it goes to insert the paths for the framework XML comments files into the template. I can probably just modify the build engine so that if not found, it issues a warning and skips the missing items.

Eric
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Thanks. That would be great.