SHFB Build missing index.html

Topics: User Forum
Jan 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM

When building help files with HelpFileFormat: Website,  some of my projects are finished without generating an index.html file.

I have 4 different projects and 3 of them make the index.html but the 4th does not.

I have been looking in the SHFB gui but can not spot any differences in the setup on these projects. 

The projects are 4 different ones with no similarity except that they are all set up to generate Website as output.

Anyone have any clues on whats wrong and what I can do do get the index.html?

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Check the log file in the last step where it's copying the website files to see if there are any warnings or errors.  Unless the template is missing from the .\Web folder under the SHFB installation folder, it should get copied along with all the other template web files.  If you can build the project by itself and get the expected output but not when combined with the other projects, it's possible one of the other projects is using the failing project's folder as a working folder or something and perhaps clearing files unexpectedly.

Eric

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I regenerated the project and everything went fine this time.
But I have seen this problem happen before.
I am using Team City and a MSBuild task to generate the documentation.
Next time I have a problem I will take a serious look at the logs and try to dig out some more information.

Thanks for you assistance Eric.