Documenting Windows Phone 7 with VS2010

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Hello

I tried to use SHFB to document my project from the xml file + dll.

When compiling the following error occurs:

-------------------------------[Sandcastle Help File Builder, version 1.9.6.0]Creating output and working folders...Finding tools...Found Sandcastle tools in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sandcastle\'-------------------------------Clearing working folder...-------------------------------Validating and copying documentation source informationSource: C:\Desarrollo\Git\HappyShop\Bin\Debug\HappyShop.dll    Found assembly 'C:\Desarrollo\Git\HappyShop\Bin\Debug\HappyShop.dll'Source: C:\Desarrollo\Git\HappyShop\Bin\Debug\HappyShop.XML
Copying XML comments files    C:\Desarrollo\Git\HappyShop\Bin\Debug\HappyShop.XML -> C:\Users\Bernardita\Documents\Help\Working\HappyShop.XML-------------------------------Generating shared content files (en-US, English (United States))...    Last step completed in 00:00:00.0040-------------------------------Generating API filter for MRefBuilder...    Last step completed in 00:00:00.0060-------------------------------Generating reflection information...[C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe]  MRefBuilder (v2.7.2.0)  Copyright ¸ 2006-2012, Microsoft Corporation, All Rights Reserved  Info: Loaded 1 assemblies for reflection and 0 dependency assemblies.MREFBUILDER : error : Unresolved assembly reference: Microsoft.Phone (Microsoft.Phone, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24eec0d8c86cda1e) required by HappyShop [C:\Users\Bernardita\Documents\Help\Working\GenerateRefInfo.proj]    Last step completed in 00:00:02.2111-------------------------------
SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step.  See output above for details

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM

If you're only using the assembly and XML comments file as documentation sources, you'll need to add the reference assemblies to the References project node manually as SHFB cannot determine them automatically.  If you use the Visual Studio solution or project file as the documentation source, it should be able to figure them out for you.

Eric

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Thanks for your answer however I actually tried first with the VS solution and I got the same error.

BTW, I am trying to document HTML

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Adding the missing reference to the SHFB project manually should work around the issue.  If you can send me a small example project, I'll take a look and see why it didn't pick it up automatically.  As I recall, some projects like Windows Store app projects don't include physical assembly references as they are implied by the framework type so that could be the case here too.  My e-mail address is in the About box in the Standalone GUI and in the footer of the pages in the SHFB help file.

Eric