hide internal interfaces

Topics: User Forum
Dec 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I don't know if this is a new problem, but I cannot hide internal interfaces (internal to an assembly) completely. They are not documented in that they have no documentation for the interface, but they appear in the inherited members of a public class implementing the interface, in the syntax section. I would like to hide them completely. Is this possible?

I should mention that a public class is allowed to implement an internal interface in .net.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 3:02 AM

It could be that nobody's ever noticed.  The members will show up if public but they won't include the "Implements" section on their topic page which is correct.  They appear to be normal members of the class.  If explicitly implemented, they won't show up even if the option is turned on to include them and again, I'd say that's correct since they are private and the interface is excluded.  The only place the interface reference shows up is in the Syntax section on the class page.  Chances are MRefBuilder just needs to be updated to apply the Document Internals/Privates setting when determining or outputing implemented interfaces.  It's just a matter of finding out where to put the code without breaking something.

Eric