Placing a note/tip/etc in API comments

Topics: User Forum
Dec 13, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Sorry if this question is stupid, but is there a way to include MAML items, like the note/tip/etc in the API documentation?

e.g. As seen here, under the 'Remarks' section there are some 'Note' boxes.

If this is documented somewhere, I sure did not find it!

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You can use a note element in XML comments to get the same effect.  It works the same way as the MAML alert element but uses a "type" attribute rather than a "class" attribute:

<note type="note">This is just a note.</note>

<note type="warning">
Don't do that!

It's a custom element so it isn't part of the standard set of XML comments elements.  I've recently finished creating an XML comment guide to go with the MAML guide.  It'll be included in the next release.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Thanks for the info and for an AWESOME product. Keep up the good work!

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Oh, and just out of question, is there a timeline for the next release? I really like this system, and I am currently working on integrating it into my Jenkins build server (well, I would be, if my network would cooperate. Stupid wireless modems.)

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I'll have the next release out by Monday.

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Thanks. I am looking forward to downloading it. I tried building it from source, but kept getting errors where things like F# were not installed. I looked for a list of things that are needed to build the reflection data, but couldn't find anything.