Overriding branding.xslt

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 15, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Hi,

I'd like to make changes to branding.xslt, however I wouldn't want to make those changes directly in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sandcastle\Presentation\vs2010\Branding\branding.xslt"

Is there anyway I can override branding.xslt by copying the file to my project folder and making the changes there?

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Currently, SHFB only looks in the Sandcastle folder for presentation styles.  You can clone the entire .\VS2010 folder and call it something like .\VS2010_Custom and make changes to it there.  The cloned folder must contain the base presentation style name as there are some dependencies on the names in the current release and some of the build components.  SHFB will see the new folder and allow you to pick it as a presentation style.

In the next release, I've made changes to allow definition of presentation styles through configuration files which allows them to reside outside of the Sandcastle folder and makes it easier to define custom presentation styles without any dependencies that SHFB needs to know about internally.

Eric