Is it possible to generate doc on Auto-generated code for example ressource file item ?

Topics: User Forum
Oct 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I 'm beginner. I use the last release

I need to include in documentation the auto generated code of ressouce files. But classes  have been excluded automaticly because they contain [global::System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGeneratedAttribute()]

Is there anyway to include the autogenerated code  ?

Thanks for your help

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

There isn't currently any option to include compiler generated code.  Typically, it isn't wanted and doesn't have any XML comments so the MRefBuilder tool excludes compiler-generated types automatically.  I can add an option to a future release to include it.  The only downside to turning it on would be that it would include all compiler generated code including the stuff like compiler generated closures etc.  That would probably only be an issue if documenting internal and/or private members.  They'd have to be marked for removal using the API Filter project property.

Eric

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:51 PM

So in my case of ressource files with an auto  generated code I think i will create a first sfhb project, and to generate documentation, i will run a msbuild script  to comment the line in each code behind files of ressource files  and to run sandcastle with command line parameters.

Thanks for your reply

Xavier.