Sandcastle latex integration

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I need help urgently..i would like to integrate latex style maths equations into my help file(MSHelpViewer format) using sandcastle. I looked all over the internet and tried different solutions but in vain. Can anyone help me with this?

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

There's a build component available here:

It's currently built for SHFB v1.9.4.0 but the code can be rebuilt against the latest release.  It says it only support Help 1 and Website but a quick look at the code suggests that all you'd have to do to get it to support MS Help Viewer is add a case in the GetWorkingDirectories() method to set the output path used for the help viewer format (Output\MSHelpViewer\Html).

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Hello eric,

thank you for your correspondence. I am kind of a newbie in this hence rebuilding the code and adding a case in the source code could be a problem. If you could be a bit more detailed in the steps i could follow to complete the above process would be great. Thank you in advance.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM

by the way m using sandcastle version v2.7.1.0

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I've got it working in Help 1, website, and MS Help Viewer formats.  Contact me via e-mail and I'll send you the modified assemblies and instructions on where to put them.  My e-mail address is in the About box in the standalone GUI and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I have written email to you. Hope to hear from you soon.