Including documentation of a very few internals or privates

Topics: User Forum
Jun 10, 2012 at 4:44 AM

I am afraid I know the answer, but I thought I would ask anyhow - just in case (as is quite possible) I have missed something obvious.

I am documenting a multi-project and fairly large application. I set the visibility such that I exclude internals and privates. There are, of course, a very large number of elements that are excluded. I now wish to include a very small number of internals/privates.

The API Filter seems to only work against elements that pass the visibility settings, so that I cannot explicitly include those very few elements.

Is there any way short of setting the visibility to include all internals and then laboriously go thru the API Filter and uncheck all but those few that I want to include?

I am using version of SHFB and am very happy with it - with this one exception which, hopefully, is just something I have not figured out how to do.

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

You haven't missed anything.  The general filter options are all or nothing.  For finer grained control over what's included, you do need to include everything and use the API filter to remove the unwanted elements.

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Thanks for the response! 

>>>"You haven't missed anything."

Sigh... I was afraid of that.