Problem With TOC Sizing In IE9

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I've discovered a problem with TOC sizing in IE9. Take a look at the following site: Under Firefox, etc. it appears to render correctly. However, under IE9 the height and width of the TOC and content area never get correctly set. I debugged the JavaScript in the IE developer tools console and noticed that in TOC.js in ResizeContent() just after the " = maxWidth - (divSizer.offsetLeft + divSizer.offsetWidth);" call still doesn't have a value - it appears it's not setting it. I'd guess this is a problem for any width/height changes through the DOM. I couldn't trace the problem any further than that

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I don't see the problem when running a site off of my local file system (i.e. opening the Index.html page from the GUI) or on my own site (  I notice that your site doesn't open the Index.aspx page but instead returns the literal content of the file.  Perhaps you have an issue with the way your site is configured.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Thanks for looking at this. I was also able to get it to work on my local system. The host I'm using only supports plain HTML pages, hence the use of Index.html instead of the ASP page. I do suspect that some interplay between the script(s) and the server is causing the issue. I find it interesting that the site works fine for all other browsers I was able to test. I also think the debugging behavior I observed was odd - being able to watch the height and width properties being changed in the DOM without the new value taking hold. I'm at a loss to explain the symptoms based on server misconfiguration alone (otherwise why would it work in other browsers) or JavaScript alone (otherwise why would it work locally). I'll probably do a little more research and let you know if I figure it out.