Help Viewer filename

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I am building the MS Help Viewer format and understand that my output must be renamed to HelpContentSetup.msha. Can that name be configured during the Sandcastle build process?

I am also using the Output Deployment plug-in to move the Help Viewer content to an export directory to be picked up by an installer. Currently it only picks up the .msha and .mshc files. I would like the HelpLibraryManager.exe and the install/remove batch files to get exported as well. How can I do that?

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:44 PM

SHFB doesn't enforce the naming requirement so that multiple help projects generating help viewer content can be built and deposited into the same output folder.  Since you're using the output deployment plug-in, I could add an option to it to perform the rename with the assumption that only one is being copied to that location.  The plug-in not deploying the exe and install scripts was probably an oversight on my part.  I'll see about getting it fixed for the next release.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.