Build Error Removing duplicate topics from

Topics: User Forum
Dec 6, 2006 at 7:24 PM
I have a SandCastle (Nov release) project I created a couple weeks ago and today came back to it to recompile the help after some changes to the VS project. The project previously compiled fine but now I get this error:

Removing duplicate topics from

BUILD FAILED: Error removing duplicate nodes: Could not find file 'C:\Projects\...\Help\Working\'.

I created a brand new SHFB project for a completely different .NET project and get the same error.

Any clues?
Dec 6, 2006 at 7:39 PM
After a bit more investigation it appears the problem may well be the result of having installed Framework version 3.0, for which there is not yet an update to MRefBuilder.
Dec 6, 2006 at 8:00 PM
Currently, if the framework version isn't set, it isn't written to the project file. As such, if you install .NET 3.0 and load a SHFB project, it defaults to .NET 3.0 instead of .NET 2.0 like it should. I've fixed this in the next release so that it always writes out the framework version property. New projects always default to the most recent version of the framework.

A test version with the fix and some new features is available from the Releases page in the Planned Releases section ( RC).

Dec 6, 2006 at 8:02 PM
Also, as you found out, MRefBuilder doesn't yet support .NET 3.0.

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:49 PM
Yes thanks for the response. I did later discover the Framework version property setting, and changing it to 2.x allows the help file to build.