Switch Off Language Filter in Conceptual Content

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:21 AM

My conceptual content topics are split fairly evenly between topics containing code examples (for which the language filter is required) and topics containing pure text description/diagrams with no programming content at all (for which the language filter makes it look as if I forgot to remove it). Is there a way to prevent the language filter being added to topics that, say, don't contain any <code> tags?

On the advice of Paul at the sandcastle project, I have looked into writing a custom component to process each page and remove the language filter markup if the topic does not contain any code fragments. I can see that this would work but it doesn't seem the right way to do it if we can stop the markup being included in the first place. Before I invest too much time in this I wanted to check if there is a simpler or more elegant way of achieving this in SHFB? 

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Unless you can find a way to do it by modifying the Sandcastle XSL transformations or if you don't want to change them, the build component is the only other solution.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Build component it is then. Thanks.