Switch Off Language Filter in Conceptual Content

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM

My conceptual content topics are split fairly evenly between topics containing code examples (for which the language filter is required) and topics containing pure text description/diagrams with no programming content at all (for which the language filter makes it look as if I forgot to remove it). Is there a way to prevent the language filter being added to topics that, say, don't contain any <code> tags?

On the advice of Paul at the sandcastle project, I have looked into writing a custom component to process each page and remove the language filter markup if the topic does not contain any code fragments. I can see that this would work but it doesn't seem the right way to do it if we can stop the markup being included in the first place. Before I invest too much time in this I wanted to check if there is a simpler or more elegant way of achieving this in SHFB? 

Cheers,

Derek.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Unless you can find a way to do it by modifying the Sandcastle XSL transformations or if you don't want to change them, the build component is the only other solution.

Eric

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Build component it is then. Thanks.