Plugin loading errors in VS2010

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Hello, 

I have just tried the new version of SHFB, and more specifically the Visual Studio package. In Visual Studio I have created a new project, with just one conceptual file, and I have tried to build the project, of course it resulted in an error, that no documentation sources are defined. Then I went and I have added the Additional Content Only plug in, in order to build the content correctly, but I have received the following error:

Error 1 Plug-in loading errors: SHFB 0 1 MyProject.

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

The VS Package doesn't do verbose logging by default.  You can turn it on but it's probably best left off in the VS environment.  You can view the log file for details about the failure.  In this case, as you may already have found out, just adding a conceptual topic isn't enough.  You also need to add a content layout file to specify which ones to include and in what order.  Without at least one content layout file, the Additional Content Only plug-in will refuse to run.

Eric

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Thank you for your reply. I will give it a try. I might have been trying that without content layout file.