Parameter for method not appearing as links

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 3, 2008 at 6:27 AM
Hi Eric,
Fist of all let me say that hats off to you make such a wonderful tool and making the devloper's life so easy with the use of this tool
I would really appreciate if you can solve my problem as its taken two days for me to figure what to do .So at last I decided to take your help

I have a method siganture as follows and I have written the follwongs summary and tag using vs studio inteligense

/// <summary>
/// Gets the Underwriting summary details based on the proposal id
/// In case of exception, call the HandleException method of the ExceptionProcessor class.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="uwpInputEO">An UWPInputEO entity that contains proposal id as property for fecthing the underwriting summary details.</param>
/// <returns>An UWSummaryEO entity containing the UnderWriting Summary Details data.</returns>
public UWSummaryEO GetUWSummaryDetails(UWPInputEO uwpInputEO)
{
return null;

}
Where input Entity is a class named UWPInputEO and output entity is a class named UWSummaryEO ,which both(UWPInputEO ,UWSummaryEO ) are present in the
Entities project and I have added reference of that project in my Bussiness Layer .
Now when I generate the sancastle document us your wonderful tool I get the following documentation when I click on the method
GetUWSummaryDetails

Parameters
uwpInputEO (this apprears in bold italics ) I require it should be just italic as in msdn
UWPInputEO (this apprears in bold)
An UWPInputEO entity that contains proposal id as property for fecthing the underwriting summary details.
Return Value
An UWSummaryEO entity containing the UnderWriting Summary Details data.

I require the document as
Parameters
uwpInputEO (this apprears in bold italics ) I require it should be just italic as in msdn document.
An UWPInputEO(should appear as link and should navigate to UWPInputEO document) entity that contains proposal id as property for fecthing the underwriting summary details.
Return Value

Can you please help regarding the same I will be really grateful as I have search
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2008 at 4:06 PM
The styling of the parameters is controlled by the presentation style stylesheet. You can either directly modify the Sandcastle version or make a copy, edit it to suit your needs and then include it as an additional content item in the SHFB project with a destination folder of "Styles\" so that it overwrites the stock version during the build.

Regarding the non-link references, if I've understood you correctly, you've added the assembly containing the entity classes as a dependency. As such, they won't get documented. You need to add it as to the Assemblies to Document list so that it too gets documented.

Eric
Apr 4, 2008 at 8:03 AM
Can I change the rendering part of the help document I mean ,

Parameters
uwpInputEO (this apprears in bold italics ) this appears bold because it is rendered as definitionlIst
UWPInputEO (this apprears in bold) this appears bold because it is rendered as dd
An UWPInputEO entity that contains proposal id as property for fecthing the underwriting summary details.
Return Value

Can i change the rendering of tags from definitionlist to some other tag .
I don't undertsatnd why default name space is coming in my case as the properties set by my collegue are same but there default namespace is not shown where as in my case it shows ..
And how can I change my constructor name of my class in documentation ..It always appears as "new" in the documentation when I view the class members ,I want it to be same as my class name,as the constructors are not present when one creates a class in C# using Vs 2005, ..Please do suggest some way out .

Please help regarding the same
Thanks
In advance

Jinnyb

Thanks
Regards
Neelesh
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2008 at 4:28 PM
In order to change the actual tag that is used to render the parameter options you have to alter the Sandcastle XSL transformations for the selected presentation style. As I mentioned above, you can change the style of the tags using a custom stylesheet. That would be a much easier approach as all you'd have to do is set the font weight to normal. Be aware that it is a span with a class name of parameter that styles the parameters, not the actual dd or dt tag. Look at the rendered HTML to find out which classes to alter in the stylesheet.

If your help file is showing the default namespace, you probably just need to exclude it clicking the Namespaces button and unchecking it in the list of namespaces or by using the API filter to uncheck it.

The only place I see it listing the constructor name as New is in the syntax section for VB.NET and this is normal as VB.NET uses New for the constructor and not the class name. As such, don't change it as you would be showing invalid syntax. If you don't want to see the VB.NET syntax section, use the project's SyntaxFilters property to turn off the VisualBasic option.

Eric