output file path problem in chm- using absolute url

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I generated a documentation of a project,  in chm file.  I copied this file to other PC and open it, it did not show any thing.  When I checked the urls  of the link in content tab, I found that it is referring to paths on my machine, here are the settings.

Outputpath = D:\Doc\nop\

Working path = C:\temp\nop\

If this is issue, then I'll post it in issue tracker.

---

Sharique

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Are you referring to the CHM file itself?  If so, it's probably blocked.  Help files built on one PC and opened on another are typically blocked for security reasons and you must unblock them using the file properties.  You also can't open them off of a network share without adjusting the security settings in the registry.  See these questions in the FAQ topic: Why doesn't my compiled help file load? / Why do all of the help file topics display a "Page not found" or "This program cannot display the webpage" error?

If you are referring to the settings in the project file when you move it, if you've set WorkingPath to an absolute fixed path location, it won't adjust like a relative path if you move the project.  Leave it blank so that it uses a relative path under the OutputPath folder.  OutputPath is a plain string property.  This is by design as the default is a path relative to the project folder.  If it were like the other path properties, it would change the location in unpredictable ways if the project is moved to a different location.

Eric