Inheritance Hierarchy reversed order

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 29, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hi,

I've noticed that the Inheritance Hierarchy is generated in reversed order for my classes (from Dll's). This means that the System.Object is the last one before the actual class (the one which the topic is about) and not the first one.

My best guess was to modify the "family" template found in the utilities_reference.xsl file. I found that the ancestors are sorted in descending order and I tried to change in to ascending but it had no effect.

I've seen that the order of the ancestors is OK in the SHFB Documentation shipped along with the application.

Can you please tell me how to achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance,

Roland

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM

The order of the hierarchy in the SHFB API help topics is the order output by Sandcastle without any modifications to the template that you indicated.  I'm using the VS2005 style.  You didn't say which one you were using.  I don't recall any fixes applied by the Sandcastle Styles patch that would affect the order either.

Eric

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Hello Eric,

I am using the Vs2005 style as well and I have the latest sandcastle styles applied from the http://sandcastlestyles.codeplex.com/ site too. Could this be the issue?

Thanks,

Roland

Edit: I think this might be related to my operating system and/or .Net Framework because I had some other issues with the application before in this environment. In another operating system environment it works correctly. Thanks anyway :)