Header and Footer feedback links

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 3, 2008 at 9:23 PM
What is the relationship between the Send Feedback link that displays in the header and the ShowFeedbackControl? I do not want to use both, but I cannot understand how to set up my project to control them.

I am using SFHB 1.6.0.4 and the VS2005 presentation style. I want to remove or hide the Send Feedback link. It has never worked properly (I get an error from Lotus Notes that says "error processing command line arguments".) It does not scroll to the bottom of the page..

I have an email link at the bottom of the page that I do want to use. How do I set the ShowFeedbackControl so that it displays? I get very mixed messages between the documentation, where it states that this control may become obsolete, and the text in the GUI that says if set to true and if the presentation style supports it, the feedback control displays in the footer (October CTP only).

I would appreciate it if you can shed some light on this very confusing aspect of this tool.

Thank you.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2008 at 10:53 PM
The feedback control in the page footer was in the October CTP but got removed in the next one and hasn't reappeared. When the control in the footer was shown, the link in the header scrolled down to it. The only feedback option now is the link in the header that opens an e-mail window. It works with Outlook so Lotus Notes must not like being passed some of the parameters or something. To get rid of it, you'd have to edit the Sandcastle transformations to prevent it from being rendered.

The ShowFeedbackControl option will probably go away later on but I'm hanging on to it for a little while in case the control makes another appearance.

Eric
Mar 4, 2008 at 9:46 PM
Sorry, here's where I got confused. I thought that the ShowFeedbackControl was what generated the email address link that displays in the footer. So the ShowFeedbackControl I see in the 1.6.0.4 GUI doesn't do anything now. I can ignore it.

I now have the behavior I want. The email link at the bottom is perfect. Works like a charm in Lotus Notes.

Thanks.