ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: Unknown reference link target 'T:Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb'.

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 2, 2008 at 1:29 PM
While generating the help file for my assembly I keep getting errors on referencing the Microsoft.SharePoint.dll and other SharePoint assemblies. In the log file I see the following warning multiple times:
ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: Unknown reference link target 'T:Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb'.
There are multiple types that cannot be resolved. I have figured out that it's not being caused by the MsdnResolved which gets the proper MSDN URL when passed T:Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb type as parameter of the GetMsdnUrl method
Any help on which settings I need in order to create the proper MSDN url's to SharePoint (or any other assemblies documented @ MSDN) would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Waldek Mastykarz
Mar 2, 2008 at 8:10 PM
They're not errors, just warnings and you can ignore them. It just means that it can't find a reference either locally or on MSDN for the indicated member. For local stuff, this happens if your classes derived from third party or other libraries that you are not documenting (i.e. those in the Dependencies list). All it will do is render such items as non-clickable labels rather than links. I have a new plug-in for the next release that will let you add additional sources for reference links so that should take care of it.