Error while creating Sandcastle Doc

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I have been facing the issue while building the dlls to create doc in SandCastle document builder.

Can anyone give me the solution for the below error.  Thanks.

Below is the error, which we have been facing:  In the path of the dll, it is taking 2 slashes.  So it is unable to find the path.

copy "D:\Microsoft Project - Hitachi\TFS Code\Microsoft.CAT\Microsoft.CAT.Web\bin\Microsoft.CAT.Web.dll" "C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\\Examples\Microsoft.CAT.Web\dll\Microsoft.CAT.Web.dll"

0 file(s) copied.

The system cannot find the path specified.

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 8:43 PM

It doesn't look like you are using the Sandcastle Help File Builder which is what is available from and supported at this project.  Are you attempting to use the demo GUI that comes with Sandcastle itself?

Eric

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:46 AM
Edited Sep 3, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I am not actually using Sandcastle Help File Builder.  I am using SandCastle document builder.  Is my procedure wrong for creating Castle Doc ?

I have downloaded the sandcastle msi from the path (downloaded recommended version) :  http://sandcastle.codeplex.com/releases/view/47665

After installation, I am opening sandcastle Gui from this location:   C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Examples\Generic\SandcastleGui.exe

I actually changed one of the configuration file for that error and was working fine.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I can provide help for SHFB but not the demo GUI that comes with Sandcastle.  If you want to use that, you'll have to ask over in the Sandcastle project.  To be honest, it's probably not worth using as it is only a demo and doesn't provide much functionality.  SHFB will provide better functionality.  If you want to use SHFB, download and install it from here and then read through the Getting Started topics in its help file.  They'll guide you through setting up the project to produce a help file.

Eric