Build fails (BildAssembler crash)

Feb 15, 2008 at 9:34 AM
Hi all.

I'm trying to build the documentation of a large project. At the end of the build process BuildAssembler crashes, and I'm asked whether I want to report it to Microsoft.

In the Log I get the following message:

--snip--
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic R:Project
Warn: SharedContentComponent: Missing shared content item. Tag:'include'; Id:'topictitle'.
Warn: SharedContentComponent: Missing shared content item. Tag:'include'; Id:'topictitle'.

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current position of the navigator.
at System.Xml.DocumentXPathNavigator.InsertAfter()
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.SharedContentComponent.ResolveContent(XmlDocument document, XPathNavigator start)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.SharedContentComponent.ResolveContent(XmlDocument document, XPathNavigator start)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.SharedContentComponent.ResolveContent(XmlDocument document)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.SharedContentComponent.Apply(XmlDocument document, String key)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssembler.Apply(IEnumerable`1 topics)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssembler.Apply(String manifestFile)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssemblerConsole.Main(String[] args)
Last step completed in 00:07:56.4711

BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step. See output above for details.

I use Sandcastle January 2008 Release and Version 1.6.0.4 Production of Sandcastle Help File Builder. Os is WinXP SP2

I have no idea what causes the crash. Any suggestions where I shall start looking for?

Thanks.

Luki
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM
There's a bug in the Sandcastle transform. Download the Presentation File Patch from the Releases page and extract it in the Sandcastle installation folder (C:\Program Files\Sandcastle).

Eric
Feb 18, 2008 at 7:05 AM
Hi Eric.

It works! Thanks a lot for your help.

Luki