Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Similar to the "HHC5003 error with newest Sandcastle + SHFB" post. I added an htm file to the project, but I keep getting the following error:

HHC5003 : error : Compilation failed while compiling html\AdditionalLinks.htm.

The following files were not compiled:

Last step completed in 00:00:10.0631

SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step. See output above for details.

The NamingMethod is set to Guid and if I set the ExcludeFromToc to true, it compiles just fine. I installed the latest version:

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Add a sitemap file, add the HTML file to it as an entry, and mark it as the default topic in the site map file.  That should work around the issue for the time being.

Jul 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM

That worked - thank you. I have a follow up question. I added the html file to the site map. It's the only file. I added the path and the title. But when I create the help files, the chm adds the file as "untitled", and the web site leaves the title blank. Here is the sitemap contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0">
  <siteMapNode title="Additional References" url="AdditionalLinks.html" isDefault="true" />

Am I doing something wrong?

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I believe this has been reported but I wasn't able to duplicate the issue.  The sitemap and HTML file support for additional content has been deprecated so it isn't something I test very much anymore.  If you can, convert the file to MAML and use a content layout file as that will work.  You can use the HTML to MAML converter found at the Sandcastle Styles site.