A way to include/exclude language syntax?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 12, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Hi I previously used the October 2007 release of Sandcastle and it worked well but I like the SandcastleGui.exe even more as this makes it easier , the one thing I haven't figured out when using the gui is how to set it up so that the resulting chm file will only VB syntax. e.g. with the October release I was able to have just VB syntax show up by removing references to the other languages listed in the Sandcastle.config file however when using SandcastleGui.exe the editing of the sandcastle.config file doesn't appear to have any effect as the resulting chm shows C# and C++ syntax along with VB.
Feb 13, 2008 at 2:12 AM
This site is for the Sandcastle Help File Builder (SHFB) which is different than SandcastleGUI (developed by Steven Smetser). However, if you would like to download SHFB from the Releases page, I think you'll find that it will do a lot more. Regarding syntax, all you have to do is alter the SyntaxFilters property so that only VisualBasic is selected. The code block component will colorize the code and hook it up to the syntax filter. However, since you only want VB.NET, you should edit the configuration via the ComponentConfigurations property so that it selects VB.NET as the default language. That way you won't need to add language attributes to the code blocks. See the Getting Started section and the FAQ in the help file as they answer many of the common usage questions.