Can't get favicon.ico to appear in generated website

Topics: User Forum
Jul 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Hi Eric, all,

first let me say thanks for a great tool :-)  I'm working on converting a bunch of Doxygen files (which used to build a .CHM) to the brave "new" world of MS Help 2, and am very happy with the experience so far.

One minor niggle is that the 1.9.0.0 release says (in <http://www.ewoodruff.us/shfbdocs/Index.aspx?topic=html/8e3f8757-0ef3-4772-bb2f-5d7ae57e50da.htm>) that you can get a favicon.ico to appear in a generated website by "[adding it] to the root of your project".  What exactly does this mean, though?  I've tried the following, and they all end up with my generated site getting the default favicon.ico.

• Just putting the "favicon.ico" in the same directory as my ".shfbproj" file, and not modifying the project file at all.
  • Putting it there, then adding it to the project with BuildAction="None" (or BuildAction="Content", or BuildAction="Image" with CopyToMedia="True")

What am I doing wrong?  I can provide the ".shfbproj" if you want.

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Add it to the Project Explorer window as a child of the project root element, not in a folder, and set the build action to Content.  You say you're building Help 2 which doesn't apply to the favorites icon.  That's only for website output.  For website output, you should see the icon in the root output folder of the website content after the build.

Eric

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:33 AM
You're right, of course -- I was building both Help 2 and Website at different times. Anyway, I went back and re-tried what you said, and it worked fine. I was sure I had tried that combination before I posted here, but maybe I was confused :-| Apologies for taking up your time, but I'm glad it works now :-)