help me

Feb 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM
i have build a html ver2.0 help file. but as in most of help file i want to redirect the place to exact place when placed f1 key when focusing on that control. can anybody give me suggestion on this it will be a great help....

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2008 at 5:43 PM
Help 2 files need to be integrated into a help collection such as those used by VS2005 and VS2008. If you're asking for help opening a Help 2 file from an application, I don't think that's possible with the standard .NET help providers. As far as I know, they'll only work with Help 1 (CHM) files.

Eric
Feb 5, 2008 at 5:57 AM
Edited Feb 5, 2008 at 6:31 AM
Hi Eric thanks for your suggestion. i just want to know does sandcastle support context based help system. Example in visual studio when i am having trouble using some control pressing f1 places the help place to the help factor regarding same control. Is it possible with sandcastle. i mean Dynamic Help content based on context is possible with sandcastle or not.

regards
Dipesh
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM
Sandcastle just produces a help file, it doesn't do anything to integrate it with the collection. As far as I know, the keyword searches are all controlled by metadata tags within the help topics. Sandcastle does put several in each topic so it should work if the help file is merged correctly. You'd probably get a better response by asking in the MSDN Documentation forum as this appears to be more of a general question about how help files integrate into the document collections.

Eric