Unexpected build failing

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 27, 2008 at 2:20 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2008 at 2:43 AM
Hi!

I am testing SHFB in order to start using it on our projects. It is really a great tool!

When testing the use of .topic files, I received the following error:

Error: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: The reference targets file 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Data\Reflection\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.xml' is not well-formed XML. The error message is: The 'implements' start tag on line 60919 does not match the end tag of 'implelents'. Line 60923, position 9. (LineNumber: 60923; LinePosition: 9; SourceUri: 'file:///C:/Program Files/Sandcastle/Data/Reflection/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.xml')
Last step completed in 00:00:26.8281

BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step. See output above for details.

See that the problem is that the Implements start tag is being closed by an Implelents end tag. That's a typo problem I think.

PS: I verified that the problem is on Sandcastle and not on SHFB. Tried to move this message to the Sandcastle forum but could not find how.

Regards,
rferj
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2008 at 6:15 PM
That file is installed by the Sandcastle installer and it's fine on my system. I'd suggest uninstalling Sandcastle and, if the folder still exists, delete C:\Program Files\Sandcastle and everything in it. You might try downloading Sandcastle again just to be sure your copy is good.

Eric