Integration with TFS 2010?

Topics: User Forum
Mar 3, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Hi All,

I've been having some grief integrating SHFB with TFS 2010; specifically, it's not accepting the parameters I pass through MSBuild, meaning that it can't find the assemblies to document.

Before I go raising an issue about this I thought I'd ask whether there's any documentation on TFS integration, because it may well be that I'm doing something very wrong. 

TIA for any help ...

Duncan Bayne

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM

There's a topic in the help file on generating documentation with Team Build which may be of some help.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I thought people integrating with Team Build would like to know if you add the <CustomizableOutDir>true</CustomizableOutDir> property to a Team Build 2008 or later build script it no longer redirects all the build outputs to the $(BinariesRoot) folder.

Documentation can be found here:

Edit: Also since SHFB adds an environment variable to the machine, your build server or the Team Build service will need to be restarted after installation for the changes to take effect. Failure to perform this step will cause an MSB4019 error from MSBuild indicating it cannot find the SandcastleHelpFileBuilder.targets file.