html names

Topics: User Forum
Oct 24, 2006 at 6:21 PM
Thanks so much for providing this tool -- it's a great service to the community. I've been using NDoc in the past, but my project is now .Net 2.0 so I'm switching over to sandcastle. However, with NDoc the html file names were based on the name of the class such as "namespace.class.property.html". Sandcastle uses GUID's for the html file names. In order to switch over to sandcastle, all of the page references in my wiki will need to be changed to the GUID convention. I have two questions (sorry if they are noob questions -- I did search first):

1) will the GUID's be constant, so I will never need to change them again as new versions or updated documentation is generated?

2) Is there a way to translate from a namespaceclassproperty to a GUID directly?

Thanks,
John
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2006 at 8:21 PM
Regarding #1, the GUIDs are generated with each build and will not remain constant. As for #2, there isn't currently a way to translate between the GUID and the class member. It's a good idea though and I'll add an option to the help file builder to generate a mapping of some sort to help with this.

Eric
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2006 at 8:23 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 4717. You may wish to continue further discussion there.