Duplicated index entries?

Topics: User Forum
Dec 10, 2007 at 4:33 PM
Hi and thanks for a really excellent tool. I have just started using this and I find that the index in my help file has two entries for each class, for example .MyClass and MyClass. Can you suggest why this is and how to get rid of the entries preceeded by the full stop?

Many thanks,

Mike.
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Are you using the latest releases (October CTP of Sandcastle and 1.6.0.2 or 1.6.0.3 of the help file builder)? It would also help to know which presentation style you are using and the help file format (Help 1 (CHM) or Help2 (HxS)).

Eric
Dec 11, 2007 at 3:20 PM

{quote}
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I am using 1.6.0.2 of the builder and the October CTP. The presentation style is set to prototype and the help file format is Help 1.

The Contents looks OK and the help pages themselves are OK, but in the Index I get a list like this:

.Eric class
.John class
.Mike enumeration
.Peter class
Eric class
John class
Mike enumeration
Peter class

I have not used a namespace in my code.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Mike.
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2007 at 2:32 AM
The transformations in all three presentation styles plus the ReflectionToCHMIndex transformation make the assumption that there will be a namespace so they do the equivalent of namespace + "." + type. I'll report it as an issue to Anand. The workaround for now would be to place the classes in a namespace which is usually done anyway.

Eric
Dec 12, 2007 at 8:15 AM
Thanks Eric, that does work.

Mike.