Unable to build help files

Topics: User Forum
Oct 12, 2006 at 6:19 PM
I installed 1.3.1.1. Everytime I try to run either the GUI or the command line I recieve the following error:

BUILD FAILED: Could not find path to Sandcastle tools

Am I missing something?
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2006 at 12:34 AM
You either haven't downloaded and installed Sandcastle or you installed it in a non-standard location. If it's in a non-standard location, specify the path to it in the SandcastlePath project property. If you haven't installed Sandcastle, see the Links to Resources topic in the help file for where to get it.

Eric
Oct 16, 2006 at 3:55 PM
I do have Sandcastle installed in the default location (C:\Program Files\Sandcastle) and it still wasn't finding it. I did install it after installing this product (after reading the help), so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Manually, putting in the path works though. Thanks!
Oct 18, 2006 at 10:01 AM
Hi Guys,

I got the following error message:

Info: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent: Preparing to query MSDN topic URL web service.
Error: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent: An error occured while attempting to query the MSDN topic URL web service. The error message is: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

My current customer uses a proxy server for internet access maybe this causes this problem?

kind regards
Arno

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2006 at 4:13 PM
See the Common Problems and Solutions topic in the help file for a fix to this problem.

Eric