Referencing Additional Content from Additional Content

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 28, 2007 at 4:53 AM
This must be a really stupid question ... However
How do I reference an Additional Content page from another Additional Content page?
I know how to ref Namespace pages from Additional Content, and understand how to go the other way, but I cannot seem to get any link between Additional Content pages. Normal HTML references using the <a href="...>
and even <a src="...> are just ignored.

Needless to say, I love this software.
Sep 28, 2007 at 3:11 PM
A simple anchor tag will do the trick:

<a href="SomeOtherPage.html">A page in the same folder</a>

<a href="SubFolder/SubFolderPage.html">A page in a subfolder</a>

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. That is how I thought it should be done but, I could not find that case explicitly in the documentation. The peculiar thing is that I was using <a href="OtherPage.htm">OtherPage</a> form of referencing after trying a different form, and it just wasn't showing up in the generated chm. No mention in the log, no nothing.

It is working for me now.
However, it wasn't until I changed the HtmlHelpName property that it noticed the links.
I note that on the rebuild there is still no "Resolve Links:" entry for those intra-additional comment links, just for the links to Namespace pages.
I am a bit puzzled, but not enough to pursue it at this time.

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:51 AM
CHM files do have some quirks with regard to the file paths and names. The FAQ contains some information on a couple of the issues although they generally result in no content showing up at all. If you do decide to pursue it and get stuck, feel free to send me an example and I can take a look at it and perhaps see what's wrong.