Problems creating website and Help

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Hello,

Before I start, I would just like to say I really like your application. I like how simple it is to set the different properties. But, I have a problem (using Hana template)

I have problems generating a TOC for the help file, when I select the menu item in CHM it causes a IE Error and just displays {@HtmlTOC}.

When I click a link for a month in the CHM, all that gets displayed is
"
Sorry, no topics were found for the selected link.

Keywords = ""
IndexMoniker =
Source URL =
"

However, I can get to it via the contents side item.

I also can't see where the project summary, and the namespace information is being outputted. Not great :(

I then have similar problems with the Website creation. If I load up the HTML page, I just get the same error as I do with the CHM, IE also gives me a security warning abotu ActiveX? If I enable it then it sends IE into a loop :(. Can't access any content.

The html is
<div class="Tree" id="divTree" onselectstart="javascript: return false;">
{@HtmlTOC}
</div>

The story is a little better with the ASP.net application, I can access the TOC, however the links in the body (which previously caused Sorry, no topics were found for the selected link. to display) can't be selected. I'm guessing the problems are all linked.

With the ASP.net application, if I wanted to create my own UI - would I just need to parse the WebTOC.xml and display the Html in an Iframe?

Please help on this, really want to get this done.

Thanks

Ben
Jul 3, 2007 at 11:09 PM
Ok, sorry about this. I changed the project link type from Index to Local and everything looks to be working fine. Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2007 at 11:32 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2007 at 11:33 PM
Seeing the "{@HtmlTOC}" tags means either that you aren't running the website stuff through a build or the build failed. Those replacement tags get changed to the appropriate HTML when built via the help file builder. Once built, you should be able to take the content and do what you like with it.

See these two work items for a couple of fixes to the current version's output:

http://www.codeplex.com/SHFB/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11509

http://www.codeplex.com/SHFB/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11507

Once those are fixed, you can do something like host the Index.aspx or Index.html page within an IFRAME in your own UI. Optionally, you could edit the Index.aspx or Index.html pages to alter the UI to suit your needs.

Eric