RootNamespaceContainer Support

Topics: User Forum
Jun 27, 2007 at 10:34 AM
What is the state of the RootNamespaceContainer support?

Best regards,
Jun 27, 2007 at 3:05 PM
It works for the Prototype style but I've apparently done something to break it for the other two styles. Not sure what I did as it was working. I'll look into it.

Jun 27, 2007 at 3:06 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jun 27, 2007 at 3:10 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2007 at 3:11 PM
I do not know if you refer to the same problem as I have but for the VS2005 and Hana styles, the RootNamespaceContainer option doesn't have any effect.

However, this option still works fine for the Prototype style.

Edit: Oops, too late... ;)
Jun 27, 2007 at 3:46 PM
It turns out I didn't break it. In the first June CTP, they removed support for the root namespace in the TOC and there were no navigational links at the top of the pages. The R:Project node was, I believe, still in the refelection file though as I modified the code to work with that. However, with the 06/22 refresh, everything is gone so the R:Project page isn't even being generated anymore as it isn't in the manfest or the reflection file. I'll have to modify the code to stick a root entry in with no associated page.

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:29 AM
I've fixed the problem and put the replacement source file in the work item. See