Missing help for some managed C++ methods

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 21, 2007 at 6:25 PM
I am having a strange problem. I have a managed C++ .cpp file where a bunch of methods are defined, and a corresponding .h file with declarations of these methods. I have XML comments for each of them, but Builder only generates help for some of these methods, while for the others it gives me messages like

Warn: ShowMissingComponent: Missing <summary> documentation for...

I tried putting the comments into the cpp file only, and into the ,.h file only but that did not help. Here's an excerpt from the .h file:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
void test (String^ sInMod, bool bIsModColl, int iMaxNumTop,
String^ sInSeq, String^ sOutLog, String^ sGTruthSeq,
String^ sOutStSeqFN, bool bTxtModFmt, bool bOutUniq);

/// <summary>
/// ...
/// </summary>
/// <param name="inSeq">...</param>
/// <param name="RelevantModels">...</param>
/// <param name="relPvits">...</param>
/// <param name="seqLenModelSizeRatios">...</param>
void testBareBonesSeq(
List<int>^ inSeq,
List<int>^ RelevantModels,
List<double>^ relPvits,
List<double>^ seqLenModelSizeRatios);

/// <summary>
/// ...
/// </summary>
/// <param name="sInSeq">...</param>
/// <param name="sOutLog">...</param>
/// <param name="RelevantModels">...</param>
void testBareBones (String^ sInSeq, String^ sOutLog, List<int>^ RelevantModels);

void test (int iMaxNumTop, String^ sInSeq, String^ sOutLog,
String^ sGTruthSeq, String^ sOutStSeqFN, bool bOutUniq);
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Note the two overloaded methods test(). The do not have the XML comments here because they are in the cpp file. The comments for testBareBones () and testBareBonesSeq() are here, and these are the ones that are not being generated. What am I doing wrong?
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2007 at 8:11 PM
Wait until Monday (06/25) and try it with the new version (1.5.0.0) and the June CTP. If you are still having trouble, you can e-mail me an example that demonstrates the problem. My e-mail address is in the About box and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric
Jun 21, 2007 at 9:07 PM

EWoodruff wrote:
Wait until Monday (06/25) and try it with the new version (1.5.0.0) and the June CTP. If you are still having trouble, you can e-mail me an example that demonstrates the problem. My e-mail address is in the About box and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric

Thanks, Eric. One question: What's the minimum that you need in an example? I can send you the XML file that is generated by VS, but do you also need the corresponding dll?
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2007 at 4:02 PM
If you can put together a simple class that demonstrates the problem that's good enough. Make sure you send the VS.NET solution and project so that I can compile it and also a help file builder project so that I can see what options are set.

Eric
Jun 22, 2007 at 10:09 PM

EWoodruff wrote:
If you can put together a simple class that demonstrates the problem that's good enough. Make sure you send the VS.NET solution and project so that I can compile it and also a help file builder project so that I can see what options are set.

Eric

Eric, is it OK if I send you the XML file generated by VS + the corresponding dll + the builder project file?

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2007 at 12:48 AM
Yes, that would be fine.

Eric